Become a mentor or mentee

What is mentoring?

Mentoring is a mutually beneficial relationship between two people with the goal of professional and personal development.

Benefits of mentoring

Mentors share knowledge, experience, and advice with the mentee. Mentor Match helps you find and connect with others based on your mentoring preferences and professional goals. Participants have the option to select each other once they determine the relationship will be beneficial. This is usually decided after an initial conversation, followed by a mentor request via the mentor’s ROC profile.

The Mentor Match process

Registration

Mentors register by completing information about your areas of expertise, interest, location and availability. This will help mentees find you and make contact.

Mentees register by completing information about your professional goals and the type of mentoring relationship you're looking for. You'll be able to find mentors and make the first contact.

Find others

Once your profile is complete, you'll be registered in the system and can search for mentors and mentees in the mentor directory

When you find someone you'd like to connect with, start a conversation by sending them a private message via their ROC profile.

Start a mentoring relationship

After you've both agreed to start your mentoring engagement, mentees send a mentoring request via the mentor's ROC profile and the rest is up to you.

'I had a wonderful mentor when I was a trainee and they helped me to realise

what career path was right for me, and they are still a mentor today!'

More information

Learn more about mentoring
Mentor Match FAQs
Mentor directory

The RACP provides access to Higher Logic’s Mentor Match service, but is not involved in any aspect of mentoring relationships. By participating in this service, mentors and mentees are responsible for the establishment and ongoing mentoring arrangements and relationships.